We all have a tendency to look toward the next big thing. We aim for onward, upward, bigger, and better. But sometimes, bigger isn’t what we need. Sometimes, smaller translates to lighter, more efficient, and more affordable. OK, we’re getting a bit ethereal here. But really, what we’re talking about is quite concrete: the MiniTrack Controller, and why it may be the perfect option for you.
Simply put, the MiniTrack Controller, or “Mini,” is the smallest of our UHF controller systems. What the Mini lacks in size, however, it more than makes up for in functionality and value. This makes it an ideal option for smaller events, remote-access races, timers new to the industry, and anyone looking to add another degree of versatility to their timing equipment inventory.
Here’s why you should consider adding the Mini to your timing arsenal:
- Affordability—The Mini requires a lesser investment than the Pro2. Also, new to this controller is its ability to run off of hot swappable 18-volt lithium-ion power tool batteries. Available at any home improvement store, they help to maximize ease of use and reduce cost.
- Functionality—Utilizing hardware add-ons, the Mini is capable of reproducing a majority of the functionality found in Pro Series controllers. Like our Pro controllers, the Mini boasts a mechanical gun-start button and combination keypad–LED interface.
- Size—As the name implies, the Mini is a small system, and therefore ideal for events with fewer participants, requiring only four-gator-wide start lines (as compared to the Pro2, which accommodates eight gators).
- Versatility—The Mini’s modular setup allows for line widths from 42 inches to 14 feet, using a single controller. It’s also a great option for providing splits from remote areas on course.
- Portability—Lighter weight and smaller than the Pro2, the Mini is much easier to transport, especially to those high-up, hard-to-reach locations.
Consider the Leadville Trail 100 Run, where all supplies and equipment for the Hope Pass aid station and split point are transported in by llamas. Yes, llamas. It’s easy to understand why a MiniTrack Controller is the best option there! While Leadville is well known as an extreme event with a rugged, technical course, there are many other races with similarly remote sections. Even at an event that stays the course on Main Street, you may prefer the lightweight portability of Minis. If the Leadville llamas could talk, they’d surely give the system five stars!
Want to learn more about MiniTrack Controllers, or any other timing tools that Athlinks Services has to offer? We’d love to chat. Give us a call today at 855-709-4555 and we’ll help determine the best timing hardware and software to make your next event—whether a cozy community 5K, a multi-stage mountain run, or a 50,000-participant marathon—a huge success.