The new CT Live Donations Tool is officially released and available for your events! With this new tool, you’ll have the opportunity to provide a one-stop-shop experience for Athletes, Race Directors, and Charity Directors alike. Create custom landing pages, shareable links, goal tracking, and more, all in ChronoTrack Live. Check out the features and product enhancements below.
- Donations Admin Portal
- Dedicated Landing Pages
- Custom Donation Labels and Amounts
- Email Image Editor
- Charity Org Administrator Invitations
- Video Demo
CT Live Donations Admin Portal
As you explore this new tool in CT Live, you’ll see that we have created a brand new admin portal, specifically dedicated to Donations.
The new Donations Admin Portal allows you to navigate the following features:
- Charity Directors/Admin can edit their own information
- Charity Directors/Admin can Set Goals
- Your donations page/event can be set up to have a separate payee, eliminating the need to pay out a charity organization post-event
- Validate EINs for charity type (not required)
- This will allow you to prepopulate your charity information based off of your EIN number
- Long Term Donation Page hosting – set specific time frames for your event/charity to accept donations, either keeping in time with the event’s time frame or leaving the donations page active even after the event has ended.
Dedicated Landing Pages
As you start to explore this new product you’ll also see that we have created new, dedicated landing pages:
- Create a dedicated page specific to your charity or cause
- Landing pages are mobile-friendly making it easier for Athletes and followers to donate wherever they are
- Quick checkout experience for Athletes and Donors
- Allow Donors to share their experience/donation links on social media
- Enable Donating on Registration forms – online, onsite or both
- Disable Donating on Registration forms – landing page access only
On the new donations landing pages, Admin roles will have the ability to make the following design decisions:
- Set donation trackers tied to donation/charity goals – visible to page visitors
- Upload custom charity/event image
- Ability to view top donors
Landing pages will be complete with an “About” section as well as a section dedicated to a list of Donors. Page visitors will have the ability to view who has donated to the cause and what amount they have donated. Athletes will have the ability to make anonymous donations and will be able to leave messages along with their donation amount.
Custom Labels and Amounts
Based on customer feedback, we have now added the ability to add custom donation labels and amounts in the new CT Live 2.0 Donations Tool.
At the present stage, a custom label AND custom amount must be entered for customizations to appear on the Donations Landing Page. It is not necessary to fill out all five (available) custom levels; only the customizations you include will show on the landing page.
If no custom information is input, the page will default to the following amount levels: $25, $50, $100, $200, $500.
New and Improved Image Editor – Exclusive to the Donations Tool
When uploading a new image in the Donations section of CT Live 2.0, you will now have the ability to “crop” your image to your desired size/focus by zooming in/out and moving the image around. No longer are you required to first create and then upload an image to the exact aspect ratio required.
As we progress in updating all other pages in CT Live 2.0, this image editing feature will be built out accordingly.
Invite Charity Organizations
We have recently updated our new CT Live 2.0 Donations tool giving Timers and Race Directors the ability to invite a Charity Org Administrator to the Donations Admin page.
Users will go to their Event’s Donations Page in ChronoTrack Live and select “Invite Charity Administrator” and input the individual/individual’s email address. Upon pressing “Send”, an invitation email will automatically be sent to the individual they wish to invite. There are no restrictions on the number of invitations you can send.
If invited Charity Org Administrators do not yet have an account in CT Live they will be prompted to create one. If they do have an account, they will be directed to the Event’s Donations page.
Charity Org Administrators will have full access to the Event Donations page with the ability to edit landing pages, custom amounts, and labels. They will also have access to reporting and tracking. Invited Charity Administrations will not be able to edit anything on the associated event page.
During our 2021 Timer Conference, Product Manager Micah Rennels demoed the new CT Live Donations Tool – click here to be directed to the video recording. Please note: Not all additions to the Donations Tool are included in this video. For real-time updates to our Donations Tool, follow along with this blog.
With any questions, comments, or suggestions for our new Donations Tool, please reach out directly to Product Manager Micah Rennels at email@example.com.